Monday, August 09, 2021

Going back in time..

 

For this post I took at deepdive into the pictures posted on the blog to find something to use. There's a huge archive of pictures here on my blog, and it's fun and interesting to look back and see what's been posted here before.

This is a stitchery called Hocuspocusville by Crabapple Hill Studio. I made this block "the old way", using cotton batting basted to the fabric before I started stitching it. It's very fluffy indeed.  


So I made this one block, back in 2008 (yup, I checked..) and then it stayed there, alone.. waiting - or perhaps not? I'm not sure how the minds of wisps work.. Anywho, I'm thinking about restarting this project, give it another go. Not that I need another big project, or anything like that, but I've got the pattern and the thread, so why not?

Over the past couple of months I've been dabbing a bit in stitching and embroidery, and I've found it entertaining and fun again. It's almost meditative, all you need is thread and needle - and to follow the lines. 

So, perhaps this will become my autumn project for 2021? It's only been, what, 13 years since my last attempt. *cackle*

No comments: