Friday, June 28, 2024

A little stitcing, and knitting, and travelling and listening.

In one of the subscription boxes I get (well, I get ONE) there was a pattern + stabilizer for another pouch - a bit bigger than the last one. And I decided to use the small pieces of old Tula Pink fabrics that I found in Birmingham and the Festival of Quilts last year.

And I have to say I love the result!


The pouch is quite big, I managed to get a whole project for hand quilting in there without problem. (Just that I ended up machine quilting it instead..)


The front and back are a little different, but I've tried to use the same fabric or the same print in different colours on each side - making it scrappy, with a sense of order.

A couple of years ago I saw an advertisement for a kit from Lori Holt called Acorn Table Runner and I have been regretting not buying it ever since. Well, lucky for me someone posted it for sale on FB last year, and I bought it as soon as I saw it. No more regrets!


The size of the table runner was definetly not for my tables, so I ended up splitting the blocks into three smaller pieces. And I have to say I'm very pleased with the result. I sent a picture to the lady who sold me the kit (on her request) and she almost regretted selling it.

I've also cast on a new knitting project - and I came as far as the picture below shows before...


I frogged everything and went back to the beginning. I felt it was turning out too big and baggy, so the next time I cast on, I chose a smaller size. The yarn is 100% wool, which is lovely in the winter. 

The two last pillow projects have been completed too. The pattern and fabric for these two have been waiting around for much longer than I'd like to admit..


They live upstairs in the sewing room/guest room/gaming room as we speak. (The couch in the living room is a little crowded when it comes to pillows, but I do like making them.)

We went on a weekend trip to Goethenburg (Sweden) hand enjoyed a zoo, the natural science building with an indoor rainforest, a huge amusement park and good food.


This is how I'd look (apparently) if I was an animated character. 


Mexican restaurant for dinner one night. I loved the pictures that hung around the dining area. Lovely colours.

And I've been to another concert with my mom. This time with Rod Stewart.



Last year when we were travelling back from Birmingham, mom said that if I ever heard that Rod Stewart came to Norway she'd really like to go to his concert. Coincially a couple of weeks later I got an email promoting his concert in Oslo. 


I have a couple of finished projects left to show - but 1) I haven't taken any decent pictures of them yet, and 2) someone keeps napping on them..

I've also gotten a couple more quilt tops together - I just need to decide if they need another border first. Both of them have been waiting in line for a while now, so it was nice to finally make them a priority.

Next week I'm off to Trondheim with my mom. We're taking the train tour/detour and are looking forward to visiting the local quilt and knitting stores. And to visit some old friends. 



1 comment:

Maria said...

Boy you have been busy.
Lovely pouch ,cushions and cute Acorn table runners.
How nice to have gone to see Rod Steward with Mum.
Great animated picture and the Mexican restaurant looks good.
Enjoy your train trip with Mum and shopping.🛍️