Monday, August 10, 2020

The Story of my Day - block 9

Last week's block was quite a quickie. We cam home from Trysil Sunday afternoon, and after putting our luggage away and starting the laundry (it basically does all it's own work after starting the machine, haha), I picked up the block - not quite in the mood to start something else, or knit. And before I knew it, the block was finished!


I know, I need to trim off some loose threads, but I have to trim down all the blocks before joining them anyway. That's because I cut the fabric about 1/2" bigger than the pattern called for before stitching. 

This week it's time for the 10th block - and we're nearly halfway through stitching all these sweet blocks. Time surely flies!

***

In other news, I've been sewing a little this weekend. Both on Saturday and Sunday. I had decided not to start making masks in these COVID-times, not until my government says so. But... of course there's a but.. Later this week there is a press conference, and the main topic they will talk about, is recommendations regarding the use of masks (both industrial made and most likely also homemade). 

Hubby's been going to his office now and then, and will talk about how crowded the buses are, going to and from the office - and people are just not respecting this virus anymore.. 

Later this week I have an appointment with my dentist - and I do believe I will be using a mask taking the bus to and from. Of course, this appointment is the day before the government will be giving their recommendations, however, if it will make me feel a little bit safer going to and from the dentist, then I shall wear a mask. 

I've drawn off another pattern of masks to test out, to see if they sit right around my nose and chin. I might try to sew a couple more masks up during this week - after work. Yup, still working from home. The sewing machine is literally 4 inches away from my computor. But, work first - then "play". 

***

Hope you're safe and sane. Crafting seem to help for me, and taking walks. Keeps my mind from digging itself too deep down.


1 comment:

Chookyblue...... said...

sounds like you will need to make 2 masks........then see what they recommend.....goodluck