Monday, August 03, 2020

Story of my day - SAL block 7 and 8

Two more blocks completed for the Story of my day SAL/quilt. I'm really loving the process of stitching these.. following (sort of) Anni's colours for the DMC (I've used the ones that I have, so where my stash matches her description there you go - and for those colours where my stash is missing that particular colour, I'm using another one that I think will work out OK). 


The "Find matching socks" was stitched in it's entirety while I was in Trysil with my mom and my kids. 


This block was started at home and finished at my mom's house. 

I think I'm going to finish this in the same way my mom is planning to do hers - by using some of the (many...) mini charm packs that I have (after subscribing to a montly delivery of mini charm packs) so that the result will be in the wimsical, scrappy way. I think that will work out pretty well with this pattern. (And I need to use more of my mini charm packs...) I'm a little unsure of which ones to use, seeing as I've used an offwhite-beige-like colour in the backgrounds for all of my stitcheries, and I don't think that using very white fabric will go too well (I have another project where this just ruined everything.. and I'm thinking about just throwing that project - the dotted death, as I've named it - in the trash). 



1 comment:

Chookyblue...... said...

Lovely stitcheries......