Friday, July 10, 2020

Finished, finished, finished!

Well, like I said in my previous post, I went through my UFO-drawer this week, seeing if I could find something that needed completion. Well, let's just say that I found a few..

Some were basically skeletons (loose blocks with a plan) while others, like these three, were imbarrassingly enough only lacking the binding. Which they've been waiting for for about 2-3 years..

The snowball-blocks were enough to make three tablerunners, the last one is still not quilted. But, these two are now finished!



This is quite small, like a large mugrug, but I had two blocks leftover and wanted to "use everything" back when I made these.



A square one, not quite sure if I have a table where it will fit - but I like the colours (and the technique)!



I made two or three tablerunners with this butterfly design. I'm not quite sure where the other one's are at the moment. They might be in the cupboard with the other tablerunners - and the might be in my sewing nook with other projects that have been completed - but who's fate has not yet been decided (keep and use - or give away).

Fabric and pattern for these are all from Fat Quarter Shop and their SewSampler subscription boxes. I've subscribed to these since September 2017. I really like receiving these - in many cases the projects and the fabric are totally my kind of thing, but I'm also challenged with new-to-me techniques and colours I might not have selected had I been shopping for fabric. Which is kinda cool!

My apologies for the horrible pictures.. At least you'll get to see my quilting! I'm still working on improving my machine quilting, and I've come to realize that my general sewing needs some work too. Zippers tend to look quite wonky when I use them in my projects.. which annoys me - but I know that I need to practice! Atleast I won't run out of fabric in a while, even during the COVID-19.



No comments: