Monday, June 08, 2020

A little sewalong

My mom and I talked a couple of weeks ago about sewalongs and doing something together. We both had the book "The story of my day" by Anni Downs of Hatched and Patched (published in 2015). 25 small stitcheries (about 4,5") sewn together in a quilt. And, well, now we're off!

We decided to follow the book, and start on the first stitchery pattern featured in the book (opposed to doing it in the order of the stitcheries in the quilt). I'm not sure why the stitceries aren't in the same order as they are sewn together, but, well, it's not big deal.

This is my first block - "Sew the day away".



I'm using background fabric from my stash, so there will be quite a few different prints and shades, but it'll give the quilt a nice scrappy feeling (or so I hope). And the floss.. well, it's DMC. Where I had the floss number Anni used in her pattern, I will use those - but I've had to replace a few colours with different ones (so, it's a from the stash-kind of project).

1 comment:

Chookyblue...... said...

Love this little quilt ... Got the book but never made it.... One da .... Goodluck