Thursday, May 14, 2020

May might bring surprices

April gave both temperatures for winter coats and shorts-weather. And then May came. Warm at first, and then suddenly icy cold.. Sunday it rained...

Tuesday and the kids were back in kindergarden and school - and then hail! P explained when he came home that the hail had begun when they went outside for "outdoor-school" and didn't end until they were going home. Their homework for that day? Spend an hour on the couch and drink some hot chocolate (no, I'm not kidding..).

After dinner, hail really stated falling. I mean, I can't explain it any better than one of out neighbourhood kids, who exclaimed that it was raining popcorn! I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves..









One of our freshly planted flowers died.. at least we got to enjoy it for three days before it ended it's pretty, flowery life in the hail. I'll have to replace it, but I'll give it a couple of more days to see if the temperatures will stabilize again.

1 comment:

Chookyblue...... said...

Looks like a very decent hail storm..... Just hope there was no damage..... Good to hear the kids are back to their school.....