Monday, May 11, 2020

Found a new hobby in these Corona-times

A short month before COVID19/ Corona struck Norway and everything changed, I went to a class at varbitt.no to learn how to spin yarn using spindle. Afterwards I let the spindle and wool lay down, thinking that when I had more time I'd work more on the technique. Well, cue Corona and working from home.

I quickly found out that I needed something to keep my hands busy when attending (listening, not speaking) TEAMS-meetings, and I suddenly remembered the spindle and wool. And that was it!

Now, 8 weeks later, I've spun all of my wool - both from the class and the one I bought at the Knitting and Stitching Show in London in 2018. And my mom asked if I wanted to spin her wool to, to get some more practice. And, well, I said yes. (What else could I say?)



So this Saturday, mom's last wool was spun. This is a picture of the last of it, right before it was made into a two-stranded yarn.



The tools I use, a drop spindle in wood, and a "hespemaker" also in wood.

Don't tell my mom, but her finished yarn is hanging behind me - relaxing after a warm bath and some TLC. I can't wait to give it back to her and see what she thinks of it..

1 comment:

Chookyblue...... said...

Looking forward to seeing what you make from the yarn..... Nice surprise for your mum....