Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Halloween Mini Swap 2018

The following post was supposed to be posted early Fall, but somehow ended up being left out.. which was really not my intention at all! And I do have a follow-up post about what I received too - which I will post, I promise!


I joined a Halloween swap on Instagram this Summer, and my parcel is now currently waiting for the "good to go" signal from the swap's coordinator.

Sending to one person and receiving from another is kinda exciting. I'm curious to see what will be sent to me - and I'm anxiously awaiting word from my receiver to see if she likes what I've made for her.

She liked happy colours more than the traditional Halloween colours, so I decided early on that I was going for the brighter shades in my stash (of hoarded Halloween fabric). I really like stitcheries, and decided that the main item had to be just that. I found this gorgeous, happy little bat on a board on Pinterest, made a few minor changes (I skipped some of the teeny tiny stitches going here and there, and added some glow-in-the-dark details in thread). I ended up hand quilting it using the same fluorescent thread (another hoarded item, I think I have two spools). Love the green fabric and the details that were added by the characters.



I've added three extras, as the rules for the swap said, and decided to make all three of them. A mug rug made of Tula Pink fabric (the turquoise and pink fabric), a coffee cosy (I think the fabric qualifies as "ghoulish"? or....?), and an ornament (adorable!) with Frankenstein and pumpkins.



The backing fabrics are all from my stash - a couple of them are so old they're almost qualified as antiques *hahahaha* The hearses is the newest of the three - and I think I need to find an adorably, perfect project for the last little piece left.

***
Happy Fall, changing colours and candlelight stitching!

No comments: