Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Second finished project in 2019

In my advent calendar my mom included a kit for a tablerunner for our new table, complete with pattern, pre-cut fabric and binding (I only had to provide batting and backing - neat!). And in a few quiet moments (divided through most of the Christmas holidays) I managed to finish this in time for New Year's Day, making this my second finished project in 2019 (There's currently no photos of the first finished project, but I'll get to that soon.)



Since I began subscribing to the SewSampler boxes from FQS, I've had a bit of practice sewing blocks - something I didn't really do very much previously. I can see that my earlier projects were more simple squares, stripes and more stitcheries rather than blocks. I always had the impression of this being too difficult for me, that I wasn't accurate enough when sewing to be able to make these blocks.



But look at these stars! They're amazing! All the points may not be 100% perfect, but they're close - and it looks really great! Being challenged and testing out techniques in my own speed is really fun.



The petrol star even matched my Christmas knitting (a large wrap-shawl called Abbie storskjerf)!

No comments: