Friday, August 04, 2017

The completed "tailfeathers" shawl

I posted a picture of a knitted project a few posts back, made in multicoloured and black (dark grey) yarn. Well, it was finished not long after that post was published. It's a bit long (which is how I like my shawls, and the colours work well with most of my warderobe (which is *surprice* quite stuck in the shades of black). I've used it almost daily, when the temperatures suggest a shawl or a scarf might be fitting, and have received quite a few compliments about it (even from my male colleagues).

The pattern is called Leftie and is designed by the German designer Martina Behm (or Strichmich!, which is her Ravelry username). The name tailfeathers got stuck after Hubby compared the contrast parts to be similar to a peacock's tailfeathers. Fitting, really, when the yarn is called electric peacock, don't you think?


Due to it's size, it's a little bit difficult to get a good picture of the whole shawl (I'll try again soon), but the picture above shows quite well how the colours are. The multicoloured yarn is called Electric Unicorn and comes from the dyer Truly Hooked, while the black yarn comes from another dyer from Great Britain, which I can't remember right now. Both colours were bought at The Knitting and Stitching Show in London last October. (I believe mom and I have plans to return to London next fall..)


The shawl in action! 

***

Next week it is time for The Festival of Quilts.  I've never attended before - nor been to Birmingham before - so there's a few firsts for me there. I've entered a quilt in the category Contemporary, and - although I have no hopes or dreams of winning anything - I'm eager to see my quilt in place, with the others. I think there are about 700 who have entered a quilt (or more) and the little glimses I've seen online, from last year, there is quite a variety of quilts shown. 

I'm counting down - one week to go until I'm off. My passport and tickets are ready and printed - but my suitcase will have to wait for another couple of days. 

I know Lynette Anderson is going to be there, but that's about all I know. Perhaps someone out there, in the world wide web, knows of anyone else, have any tips - or might be going there themselves? I like coffee (though, more milk with a hint of coffee) and tea, perhaps you'd like to join me for a cup?



1 comment:

Laila said...

I will take a coffe or ten with you... and I know some who are going to the show. See you there :-)