Wednesday, May 20, 2015

What a week..

*phew*

I don't think we've had such a busy and hectic and chaotic week in our lives since about five years ago. And, strangely enough, it can all be summed up in a few sentences. Like :

- went to see a house (in a row of houses, or rekkehus as we say in Norwegian)
- entered the bidding round for previously mentioned house
- won the bidding round (!!!)
- cleaned, tidied and emptied our apartment (almost, made it as un-personal as possible, one might say)
- had someone arrange a viewing (or whatever it is called in English..) of our apartment
- sold our apartment (!!! again)

And now we're basically counting down for August to arrive, and we'll be moving into our new home.

*sigh*

Well, in this whole mess of a week (or eight days, to be precise) all of my sewing stuff has been packed away - even my knitting stuff is gone (except from the work in progress bag I received last SSCS and my current knitting project which is stored in there). I have no idea where my other knitting needles are - which is kinda bad, because I could use some of them in about 1.5 centimetres of knitting... nor where my scissors or sewing needles are.

I have sent a request to Chookyblue to ask for a timeout (or break, if you want to) from the SAL on Natures Journey. I don't see how I can possible manage to keep up on the SAL at the moment, and luckily I was able to get a little time to get back on my feet (or unpack from this madness, to be honest).

Tonight I am home alone - as hubby is out having a beer (or three) with an old friend of his. Alone might not be completely true. I am home alone with the kids. Luckily, P went to bed around 8, and A fell asleep somewhere around 9 (and I managed to sneak her into her own bed - yay!). I've had a couple of hours for my self (which is quite luxurious) and have done a bit of knitting, reading, blogging (haha) and copied all of the photos from my phone over to the hard drive of my mac (finally!).

Right now I feel tired. As in completely, exhaustingly tired. I can't wait for everything to get back to normal after these last few days. It might sound boring for some, but I kinda like to know what happens from day to day, and have more or less stable days. Too much stress and insecurity throws me off balance.

My sister and I went on a little social gathering today, I'll try to write about it some other day - right now I can hear my bed calling for me and it sounds very tempting!

***
Have a good night - and happy crafting!

1 comment:

Chookyblue...... said...

a big week but hey you sold the apartment so quickly........that is wonderful.........not having it on the market for months............