Sunday, May 18, 2008

A short weekend..

Yesterday was the 17th of May - when we celebrate our nation's independence, one might say. It was on that date that the Norwegian constitution was signed, giving us some freedom in 1814, but it wasn't until 1905 that we got our very own King and finally was a free country again. We didn't do much celebration yesterday - to be honest, it was SOOOO cold and nasty outside, it was more tempting to stay inside and watch parades on TV. We did, however, go outside for a little while, meeting BF's parents for dinner, but it was cold and windy - and it rained (it even snowed in the morning and in some places in Norway). *brrr*

Over to more quilt-related things. I've received one May-block from the exchange hosted by Hobbyboden - but I still haven't received the two from April or the last one from May. Now, I know I 'm supposed to make the last two from me really soon, but I don't really feel the rush to finish them. For some odd reason..
I received this block from Lillesnuppa - and I will put the picture up in the forum so that she can see that I have received it.

I've started working on the first Christmas present for 2008 (wow, already..). I'm not going to tell what it will be when it's all done - or who's going to receive it - but here's a little peak. I'm using silk thread for the stitching, and I will use pearls and such for the snow falling. I think it'll give a nice effect. :)


In other news, this is the fifth block from Truly Scrumptious waiting to be started. I finished the borders and the drawing last weekend, but have been busy at work and with the one above so I haven't started the stitching yet. :) I think that these blocks/ladies are so much fun to work on - and I love the colours!

I received an envelope in the mail the other day, from my mom and grandmother. My parents went to see my grandparents last weekend, and they decided to send me some fabric. The two on the top are from my grandmother - gorgeous, don't you think? - and the 7 smaller pieces are from my mother. I really love the one with the butterflies on..


Now, I know that the competition for completing the 5th stitchery from Jordbærstedet was closed some time in April, but I got so sick of working on it, I decided not to rush getting it done. I've completed most of the stitching, I'm considering to use beads on some of the dots, and I've washed the fabric that came with it. But it stopped there.. for now, anyway. I'm waiting for the 6th and last stitchery now - I heard some rumors saying that it was almost ready to be sent, but I'm not exactly holding my breath. :P


It's strange, don't you think, that some things get such a grip on you that you need to work on it 24/7, while other things are OK to work on a little now and then.

I don't know about you out there in the "Blogiverse", but I'm dying to see an update from my mom - she's been moving some things around the house (shhh.. I won't tell exactly what she's been up to) and I'm curious and envious to see how things are looking. ;)

2 comments:

Laila said...

OH. Hello you ;-)
You has been realy clever. Yes I have been lazy not showing my new sewingarea.....But....You know the one who waits will see....May be to morrow...But it is great - or will be when it all is done. Hugs ;-)

LAPPEQURI said...

Hei
Kjempe fine stitcheri du har laget. De har mange små og søte detaljer:-)
Her i nord kommer vist sommeren til helga:-) Hm da blir det dårlig sy maksin vær
Ha ei kreativ helg:-))