Monday, February 27, 2023

A summary of the last two weeks

Last September the quilt guild planned a weekend of sewing together (sy-sammen) and decided to bring my sewing machine with me, to get some things started and finished. Well... I couldn't for the life of me find my sewing machine bag! So annoying.. So, I ended up bringing with me a bunch of prepping, drawing and cutting for the first day - and the second day I brought my sewing machine in a bag from the Festival of Quilts (merchendise from my first visit back in 2017, a jute bag). Well, it worked, the sewing machine fitted almost like a glove (but carrying the thing was a pain in the...). 

So! Come February 2023 and the next weekend is getting near - and I still have not found the bag. I have turned the attic upside down, looked in every box and closet. Considered if I had lent it to someone... or if it had been thrown out during one of our cleaning sprees..

I brought with me epp and prepping, again, but still a little pissed about the missing bag.. 

And then, hubby goes to Spain and I'm spending an evening scrolling, looking for alternatives and possibilites of buying a new one (yikes, those things are expensive!), when I just get the whole "this is insane" and "I know I have one" - leading me to return to the attic for another round of searching.

And what would you know, in the back - the completely opposite end of the attic from where all the other bags and suitcases are stored - wedged between the wall and a cardboard box (not mine), partly underneat the boxes from some kind of Nintendo system - and no less than 4 (yes..) chess boards, a tiny part of my sewing machine bag is desperately trying to get my attention! 


*yay!* It literally took me 6 months to find it, but now I'm ready for my guilds next sewing arrangement! 

For Christmas my mom made A a wallhanging of a unicorn from Elizabeth Hartman (Lisa the unicorn) and I've been thinking about how to hang the quilt in A's room. Normally I'd use a board or a piece of wood and two hooks, but seeing as she often changes her mind about where and what to hang, I didn't want to put too many holes in the walls. Cue our latest visit to the used stuff store (OMA). 


They had two (I regret not buying the second one too) cast iron things for hanging traditionally woven wall pieces, and the size was just PERFECT for A's unicorn! 

I've also bought new socks.. because I thought they were funny - and because they matched a sticker I got from Fox and Cactus. 


Just waiting for Winter to end so that I can stop wearing wooly socks again.. 



No comments: