Wednesday, February 08, 2023

A Finish on a Tuesday

My mom and I have been exchanging Advent calendars for a few years now. In a smaller scale, considering that we only prepare parcels for each of the Sundays in Advent. In these parcels we include things that we think the other one would like - being a pattern, fabric, sewing notions, hand cream - or parts to make a project.


I don't remember when, exactly, but mom included the the background fabric, the readymade shapes and a description of how to join the shapes into this heart. I think the pattern was called Chrysanthemum Heart. (One quick google check later and yes, the pattern is called Chrysanthemum Heart.)

This kinda disappeared between ongoing and new projects for quite some time, until last year, when I created the list of all projects in my drawer of waiting. Just after Christmas I decided that now's the time, and seeing as my mom made hers with fabric from Tula Pink, that I too would do the same. 


I couldn't resist the skull in the heart, it fitted almost precisely in the shape too!

I've done very simple quilting: once around the heart, and then three times around the outside of the big heart approximately 1/4 inch apart, in three different colour quilting thread (blue, pink and purple). 

On the back I used the Jen Kingwell fabric that I won in the last quilt guild meeting. (Very happy with using something so soon after acquiring it, and there's not much left either!) And the binding is some leftover binding from my Nebula (also Tula Pink). To make it nice and squishy I filled it with two pillows that appeared mysteriously when I was finding the Christmas runners and decorations. 

Another project crossed off the list! *yaaaay*




No comments: