Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Halloween 2022 - Revisited

Apparently I had prepared a post right after Halloween 2022, but never got around to post it. So! Let's revisit the ghostly day/month. 

👻


I've gotten hooked on knitting socks (I guess it's taken over as the tagalong-project instead of dishcloths) and fun yarn means fun knitting!


I mean, just look at these colours? (There's even two Christmas-themed yarns in the bottom picture.) 

Acid green, glow-in-the-dark orange, candy stripes and glitter, oh my!

I've mostly been knitting short socks (half-socks?) which gets done pretty swiftly! 

Updated from January 2023: The purple yarn with glitter in the top picture and the Christmas yarn with glitter in the bottom picture is "knitted up" into four pairs of socks. 

💀

I ordered some new (compared to the antique ghostly fabric I have in my stash) Halloween-fabric after receiving a coupon from a store. Look at those yummies! (And these are just six of them, there's still three unused.)

These were used in one of the blocks for the #focuscuttingsewalong on Instagram. The shape for 2022 was kites, which - when sewn together like this - turns into a hexagon. 


Speaking of kites.. Last summer whilst visiting my mom we came upon a box with a epp-project with - you guessed it - kites. These ones were to be joined into triangles. I have no idea how long it's been on pause, but I brought it with me home and started to finish it. Very cute, delicate colours and soft fabric. 


🎃

This is Halloween, this is Halloween..


Our faithful windowmonster reappeared this year too! (Hubby made him, I think, the first Halloween we lived in this house, and it's still going strong.) I like to hang him up behind our blinds, so that when the light in the kitchen is on, he hangs around and looks both cute and scary. 


And like every year there were pumpkins! This year it was hubby and A who designed and carved them. They do look pretty cool with their lights in the darkness of the October nights. 


The rest of our entrance, with bats, another pumpkin and a little ghost. 

As long as the porchlight is on, and the clock is past 5 PM, there's an almost constant stream of dressed up kids (and their parents) riniging our doorbell. (We've thought about counting the kids, but you'd really have to be more than one person at home to do so, and one of us i usually out trick or treating with one or both of the kids.) 

No comments: