Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Make one - make four

This year I've had three advent calendars (which A thinks is a bit unfair). One is for each Sunday in advent - with parcels from both my mom and my MIL. The remaining two are from StepbyStep - a quilty calendar - and from Værbitt, - a knitters calendar.

I'll write a post about the calendar from StepbyStep soon, but I'm over the moon excited about it - and I will (if they make one) buy one next year too.

So, from Værbitt comes one parcel every odd day in December - from the 1st to the 23rd - and a bonus parcel on Christmas Eve (which is THE BIG DAY in Norway). The contents are a nice mixture of handdyed yarn and stitchmarkers - and this year's ornament. Yup, they design a new ornament each year, and include both pattern and kit for making these in the calendar. 

This year the ornament came on the 9th, and was a gorgeous little bird, decorated with glass beads and feathers, and two different coloured yarn, so you could decide for your self which colour you wanted to ues.

I made the first one in the greenish-blue yarn and thought it was a cute little guy, which came together surpricingly easy.


So I decided to see how many birds I'd be able to make with the yarn provided in the kit. The answer? Four. Two greenish-blue and two orangy-pink. 


They've fund their places in our Christmas tree, surrounded by both handmade ornaments, old and new, and some more vintage ones (from when hubby was little). 

I have a couple of ornaments from Værbitt that I havenæt come around to make yet. I bought these patterns some time after they were published - so no kits for these. They're on my to do-list, with quite a lot of other things. Perhaps they'll be finished for next year's tree?






No comments: