Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Sew Together Fall 2022

In my quilt guild they arrange two sew together-weekends each year, one in spring and one in fall. Last weekend hubby and the kids went to the in-laws for the weekend, while I went to the sew together. I brought my e-spinner on Saturday, and managed to get some spinning done. 


During the weekend the blue blocks made by the members were sewn together, and the top is now ready to be quilted and then donated. The criteria was blue (as a main colour) and 8,5 inch in size. 


It looks pretty good with all the different shades of blue and the different designs each member went for. My two blocks are here too - a butterfly on a white background (row 4) and a simple striped block (top row). 

I brought my sewing machine on Sunday (after spending ALL of Saturday night looking for the bag for my Bernina - unsuccessfully). By chance, the bag from the Festival of Quilts was big enough to carry the machine to and from the sew together. *phew*

I brought with me a kit from Kim Diehl (a subscription from long ago from Fat Quarter Shop) this weekend, and managed to get all the pieces cut on Saturday - and sewn together on Sunday.


It's looking good! I've put batting and backing on it, and it is now ready for handquilting. It's really quite small, 13 1/2 by 16 1/2 inches, but so. many. pieces. The smallest one are 1 1/2 inch and 1 3/8 inch cut into triangles. 

There's plenty of fabric left *..yay..?* almost enough to make another top.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Sewing together with friends is always fun and you did lots.
The Blue quilt make by all the ladies blocks looks great.