Friday, April 09, 2021

Finished knitting project - sweater no. 2 in 2021.

Sometimes inspiration is found in unexpected places - and times. I was watching an Instagram Live with a crafter that taught me how to spin yarn, and she was wearing the most incredible sweater I'd ever seen! 

I managed to find it on Ravelry, and bougt the pattern. Trove 

Originally knitted in one colour with several contrast colours, but I had an idea for yarn I already had - Sølje by Hillesvåg, dyed by Værbitt in the Tordivel colour (dung beetle in english). 



It took me about 6-7 weeks to knit this sweater. But I love it! It's warm and fluffy and smells like wool..


And the colours - the natural grey and the shifting contrast yarn, making it almost shimmer like the metallic colours of beetles. 


I decided to knit it in a smaller size than the pattern recommended, because I wanted it to have a snugger fit. The sleeves, therefore, had to be lengthened. 


The construction of the neck and shoulders were insteresting and new to me. I guess I keep finding patterns that require me to learn new techniques. I decided to follow the recommendation from the pattern to use italian bindoff too, which took some extra time but gave a very nice result.

And now? Now I'm on a sweater break. I'm knitting a shortsleeved top, but there's yarn and pattern ready for another two sweaters waiting in line.. Including handspun yarn (which will be my first time knitting with my own made yarn). There are exciting projects ahead!


No comments: