Friday, October 09, 2020

Story of my Day - Block 19

6 blocks left!



This one was so quick to stitch - it was like the needle worked like a hot knife in butter. (Ew.. sticky.. but you get what I mean?)

I've started to prepare some additional stitchery projects to work in in between these last 6 blocks - and after all of these 25 are completed. The lights in our living room are not the most optimal to work on these little ones in the afternoons, but some evenings are better than others. 

In more knitting related news, I'm almost done with my A top has no name  designed by Laila at Værbitt. I'm on sleeve island, as one might call it, but seeing as this is a top (more a tshirt) the sleeves are extremely short (only 3 + 3 cm, roughly). Which is also the reason why I'm winning my game of yarn chicken (in more understandable words : I thought I was running out of yarn, but decided to knit on instead of ordering more yarn - just in case - and it does look like I'll have more than enough to finish this top, even after changing the lenght of the body from a more cropped style to somewhere below the waste/over the bum).  

My next knitting project has been planned, more or less, as I'm going rogue and without a pattern for this one. I've bought the yarn, but not wind it up. I'm trying to stich to and finish one project (of this size) at a time, insted of burying me in the fluffness of wooly fibers.. perhaps this should be transferred to sewing projects too. Or perhaps not, seeing as I can already bury myself pretty deep in the piles (and piles) of works in progress (sounds kinder or more optimistic than calling them unfinished projetcs).

I'm currently spinning some fibre my mom has dyed. It's much different than my last spinning project, which was a mix of merino and silk - this is pure wool. It's looking good - and I'm curious to see how it'll knit up in the end. 

No comments: