Tuesday, August 06, 2019

A breath of fresh air

I woke up the other day to this prediction of the weather :



And I guess it could be considered curing in the church (banne i kirka) but it was so nice to be able to breathe again, not feeling all sticky and yucky all the time - and to sleep at night again...



The summer vacation(s) are over, and it's back to work again. We've managed to spend three weeks here and there this year too - starting with Belguim (Brüssels, Antwerpen), a short stop (one night) in the Netherlands, a day in Germany (Kalkar and Wunderland Kalkar - highly recommended, if you're ever in the area), and a week in Trysil. Too bad they hardly stamp your passport any more..



We've seen and experienced so many things - and there's still so much to see. Good thing there's a summer again next year!



Last weekend (this weekend) was the Festival of Quilts 2019 in Birmingham (august 1.-4.). My mom and I went Saturday and Sunday - and I think the weekend needs it's own post (or two or three). I havea few hundred pictures to go thorugh, and two bags (on the verge of exploding!) full of purchases (I probably don't remember half of what I bought...).

And now it's back to work.. School starts in two weeks, but there's a program for those kids who're under 10 at the school, and the kindergarden is in full action again. Suddenly Fall seems "right around the corner".

Where did the time go?

No comments: