Monday, January 01, 2018

SSCS 2017 - to Jo from me

I've always loved Christmas, but for the past 11 years even more, as it has been more sneaking, stalking and secret crafting involved. And all that because of Chooky's SSCS - Secret Santa Christmas Swap. I was so happy to be able (allowed..?) to join this year too, as this has become quite the tradition for me, and it simply wouldn't be Christmas without it!

This year my lucky (?) receiver was Jo, and I had the joy of stalking her blog for a bit while planning my parcel. 

First on my list was the ornament. I had a pretty good idea of what to make, as I learned how to dye my own yarn this summer (thanks, mom!) So I knew that I had to knit a Christmas ball (..ornament..) using some of the yarn I've dyed. 

The pattern is called Kongle (Pine Cone) and is designed by Arne & Carlos. I really enjoy knitting these ornaments, and have been toying with the idea of knitting up an ornament of each of the different yarn I dye, just to see how the colours work.


Next challenge up was the main gift. I've used this pattern a few times now, and I really like it. It's simple, yet looks good, and can be adapted pretty well to fit any design or size you may wish. It is called Veskekurven and is designed by RyumQuilt. I used a mini charm pack and some yardage I had in my stash. I bought the handles in London during the Knitting and Stitching Show back in October 2016. I think the finished bag looks very cute!


As usually, I try to find something extra to add to the parcel, and this year I made a matching mug rug (I love using these to practise precision, quilting and binding), some candy and chocolate (always chocolate), a mini charm pack, and a couple of post cards from Norway (featuring the northern lights and such). 


Thank you for another great swap, Chooky

Merry Christmas to all - and a happy and creative New Year!



2 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

I love that beautiful ornament you made and your bag. It is such a lovely swap. Happy New Year xx

Jo said...

Your photos are so much better than mine. Oops I forgot the postcards. My husband took them as we often talk about the Northern Lights and we love cruising. You made us wanting to travel again. The pattern your yarn made was lovely. You did well. Thank you again..