Sunday, November 06, 2016

What happened to the last four weeks?

It's strange, how time flies. Tempus fugit. It seems like a dream, that weekend in the beginning of October, and yet I know it was real!

My mom and I flew to London on Friday October 7th, and our main goal was this : 



And boy, did we have a wonderful time! Two whole days (Saturday and Sunday) spent in the glorious Alexandra Palace (it truly is a wonder, the design, the statues, the history..) with thousands of other visitors, over 400 shops, a wonderful exhibition, and so much inspiration I think we both went completely into a mental emptiness after that first day..

I remember thinking that first day that all i could see were knitting and yarn shops.. but on Sunday, all I could see were fabric and sewing shops. Strange.. 

After these few weeks, everything seems like a dream. And it was not until I sat down and really looked at all the things I managed to bring home with me that I really felt like it was not a dream - but a trip of dreams!


Just look at all these pieces of fabric! Some are fat quarters, some are strips of panels, and some came from show books. All of them were just right for me - for us, as we did share most of the fabric, one way or another.


And I just had to nerd out a little bit - stumbling over several shops carrying Doctor Who-fabric. *yay!*


Some strips of Liberty-fabric - I actually have a plan for these, believe it or not! It includes some half linen in grey tones..


Of course, I had to bring some yarn home. These skeins will become something just for me (and for the price I paid, there's no chance in the universe I'll let anyone else get their hands on these babies...). I've started knitting of the skein to the far right, enjoying the colours and the glitter, and looking forward to being able to wear the finished project.


Notions.. I'm very weak when it comes to notions.. Understandably from looking at the picture above. Thread, needles, new blades for my rotary cutter, hand coloured felted wool, knitting needles (some new ones to me, and some old favourites), a pair of scissors from Liberty - and in the back, a pack of about 100 squares of fabric from The Victoria and Albert Museum (I'd love to spend a few days there...). I have a plan for those squares - I'm thinking of following my mom's idea and make my own.. well, you'll just have to wait and see.. :-)

***
While we were in London, The Great Elf-Mother notified us about getting the partner information sent out some time that weekend. Well, we begged and pleaded to get the info early, as we wanted to find something just perfect while we were at the the show - and I think we did! I can't wait to see if my recipient will like the project I'm sending him/her, but you'll all have to wait until Christmas... Only a few weeks left until THE GREAT WEEK OF SHIPPING.

Are you ready? 







2 comments:

Laila said...

Tusen takk for en flott og artig tur :-)
Sparing pågang til beste gang her .

Chookyblue...... said...

you got some lovely notions and fabrics while in London........I'm sure your partner will love what you send.......not long now for sure til posting........working on my SSCS today.........