Friday, September 09, 2016

Last week

Last week Aurora had her 18 month check-up at the health clinic. After I dropped her off at the kindergarden, I decided to go home and have a sewing day. (I can't remember the last time I did that, and I had so many plans!)

Well, I started around 9:30-10 and didn't take a break until 12:30 (which was when I started to make some serious mistakes.. a break was long overdue!) and had lunch. 

After lunch, I ripped out the stitches I had made wrong, made some corrections and continued to sew until it was time to pick up the kids.

I had a blast! I don't think I've had the opertunity to spend so many hours by my sewing machine since.. I don't know when. And I am very pleased with the results!

Not bad for a day's work?

I finished a table runner I'd started almost exactly one year ago, quilted it and got the binding on. Now to wait for Christmas.. 

I made two Simple Zipper Bags, as shown in the tutorial from Fat Quarter Shop. Finally finding a good (and fun!) use for some of my (maaaaaany..........) mini charm packs. 

And I finished my secret test sewing project from my last post. It was really fun and easy to make - and I can see about a dozen or more ways to modify this bag. I am definetly making more! Adding pockets in the lining, maybe a cute button for closing/securing the contet, a matching zipper pouch or accessories... hmmm... The fabric for the bag is a piece of microfiber that I found during a visit to Stoff og Stil in their (fairly) new shop in downtown Oslo. It was a leftover and priced down, but I really liked the colours and the print, and had just this pattern in mind when I bought it. 

***
I actually finished a couple of more things the day after, but I need to take some pictures first... Not bad, for a sudden dewing frenzy! (My inner crafter is impatiently awaiting the next opertunity to sew..)

2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

glad you had a day to play........

Susan said...

We all need those days! Good to get things finished too.