Sunday, March 23, 2014

Milo meets Fana - and soft baby stockings

I've knitted another Milo vest - but added some inspiration from the traditional norwegian knitted pattern called Fana. It's an easy pattern, and can be modified to include almost any kind of pattern or design. 

Added a simple "lice" pattern.

 I've knitted Milo three times now - once for Peder, in a grassy green yarn that I had in my stash, and once for a friend of mine who had a baby boy this Winter.

Starting from the top and knitted down, it's really
simple to adjust the size and length desired.

This third Milo is knitted in a soft and squishy baby merino yarn, which makes it perfect for a little baby. I've adjusted it a bit, by knitting a large size with smaller needles and thinner yarn, so I think it should be just right for someone around 4-6 months. 

Matching stockings.

I had a bit of yarn left over, so I decided to knit a pair of socks/stockings to match. These are in size 4-12 months, good and long. (The rest of the brown yarn was adopted by Peder as his "dog"..) What I love about this pattern, is that the socks/stockings are really long and nice - almost up to the knees - and very flexible and stretchy. 
 
***
Today's Sunday, and Peder and I are watching cartoons and enjoying a quiet and lazy morning (or, he's doing the cartoon watching while I'm getting some work done on my blog). Yesterday all three of us went to our hairdressers and got a haircut. It's nice to do (practically) nothing for a day or two, before the week is over us again, with it's busy days at work and in kindergarden. Although it snowed a bit one morning last week, it was gone by lunchtime. This has truly been a strange winter here in Oslo - mostly rain, a few short weeks of snow - and then green grass. The flowers are starting to bloom already, and we're not even finished with the month of March! Soon April's here, and we'll have a couple of days off (from both work and kindergarten) because of Easter.

Happy Sunday to you!

No comments: