Sunday, June 02, 2013

Blooming.

Due to the late spring in Norway this year, it's taken some time for the grass to turn green and the flowers to bloom. 

I thought I should show you some pictures taken these past few weeks, showing some of the blooming going on.

First off is a bouquet of flowers which arrived on our door a few days ago. Long story short, but I've decided to change jobs, and my new employers sent me this bouquet of bright yellow, happy flowers, welcoming me onboard.  
Flowers from my new employers.
We've been spending some extra time on our walks back from kindergarden, because Plutt wants to pick flowers. He's obsessed with picking dandelions! So when he was busy picking dandelions, I found  some rainwater trapped in these leaves.

Raintrappers?
So for the past week or so there's been a glass of water and dandelions on our living room table. So very charming, Plutt's first flowers.

Dandelions were never more beautiful.
And these guys are finally blooming too! In Norwegian we call them syrin, but I think they're called lilacs in English. On my way to the bus I pass at least two different kinds - light purple and dark purple. I like the smell of the dark purple ones, the lighter ones smell a bit stronger in a way.

Lilacs / syrin.
Plutt and I met this guy on our way back from kindergarden one afternoon. Not quite sure what kind of bird it was, but it looked like it didn't mind us passing by quite close to it.

A bird with a view.
And finally, our pink tree (don't ask me what kind it is.. I have no idea..) bloomed suddenly when the heat came - and just as sudden, it was over and all the pretty pink flowers were gone..

Backyard beauty.

***
Well, this is all for now. I've got some projects that I'm working on, but seeing as I have a couple of days planned to be packed with sewing activities - the summer meeting at the quilting guild, amongst others - I ought to have something to show in a little while. 

Until the, take care!

1 comment:

Sølvis blog said...

Så koselig å få blomster. Nydelige er de både de gule og de som vokser ute. Lurer på om det treet kan være japankirsebær. Du får google ett bidle og sammenligne. Her blomstrer syrinen allerede, og det er megatidlig.