Friday, May 10, 2013

Lately..

There hasn't been much going on lately.. Well, some practical jokes going around the office - like the keyboard that met one of the guys when he came back from a trip..

Practical joke going around the office.. Luckily, not my keyboard.

And I got a parcel in the mail last week - some of it's content's going to my mom and Vigdis, and some of it's going to stay with me (I've got plans for how to use it.. just wait and see).

Beautiful shadings of yarn..

The full content of the parcel is pictured below - six balls of Kauni (100% wool) from To Damer. (They're incredible! The parcel arrived almost before I was able to press "submit order".. well, not exactly, but I made the order on Thursday and could pick up the parcel on Monday. Doesn't get much faster than that!)

Back left : two balls Kauni rainbow, one ball offwhite.
Front : two balls Kauni blue-to-black, one ball offwhite-to-light-brown.

The two balls of rainbow Kauni,as I mentioned, are going to Trysil to Vigdis and my mom - the offwhite one I'm thinking of combining with some rainbow that I already have in my stash, and the remaining ones (blue-to-black and offwhite-to-light-brown) I plan to use in a knitted project I'm going to start soon (just need to finish a project or two first..).


I bought a pattern/kit from Katrines when I was in Sarpsborg for the NQF-weekend. The kit included fabric for all three sizes of zipper pouches, one zipper and the pattern. Unfortunetly, the plastic for the front of the pouches was not included, so I had to buy that a while later (didn't notice it was missing until someone told me.. jeeze.. paying attention, much?). Anyway, my experience with sewing with zippers hasn't been all that good (meaning, I've avoided it up until now..) so I thought this was a good way of learning something new.

Started out with the smallest size - and had to restart, I think, four times (!) until I finally got it (more or less) right. Not quite happy with it, but it's still cute..

Tried my hand at the biggest size, and only had to redo one section (which, I guess, means that I learned something from strugglig with the first one). And the third one was a joy to make! Almost perfect, actually.


Zipper pouches! (Or zip locks..)

Unfortunetly, I'll have to take some new pictures, as these ones appear to be slightly out of focus.. not good.. :( But you can see the colours pretty well (and not all the stains on my ironing board - or just how horrible the smallest pouch really is...)

***
Until next time..

No comments: