Monday, February 18, 2013

When making things for others

I've not been one of the most eager to join swaps and similar things - with some exceptions, of course - but when I do, I generally try to make something I think my swap partner might like. But in some cases, you end up with a partner which is a little mysterious when it comes to what he or she likes (perhaps there are few blog posts showing what he or she has made or likes - or perhaps your partner hasn't blogged in quite a while.. maybe he or she doesn't really have a crafty blog at all!).

In most cases, selecting the project or colours for a swap can be quite easy, but when it comes to situations like the ones listed above (and similar) I've decided to simply make something I'm proud of - something I'd like to receive if it was being made for me.

What do you do when/if you find your self in such a situation?



No comments: