Monday, January 08, 2007

A change of direction..


I decided, after not really using this blog for some time, that I needed a fresh use for it. So, I decided to make it my creative-blog. And so I will start using it to show what I do, and not only things I've written.

So what am I working on right now? Well, Christmas is over - and the presents I made have been handed out. A pillow to my grandparents, pulse-mittens to some of my girlfriends, and that was about it for hand-made presents last Christmas. I'll try to do better next year. :)

Right now I am looking over my UFO's. Or, I don't think the more experienced quilters would call them UFO's. My mother doesn't. I have 3 UFO's - or unfinished buissness, one might call them. The first one is a wholequilt I started on after Christmas a couple of years ago. I'm about 1/4th done with the quilting. The second is a snowman I stitched from a magazine I get from NQF (Norsk Quilteforbund). It was originally in red, but I decided to make it in blue. I have to quilt it - and sew on some shiny beads - plus the edge, and then it's done. The third and last "ub" is a Valentine-quilt. My mother was going to teach me a new patchwork-technique about a year or so ago, and the hearts I made, I dew together to this little wallquilt using pieces of valentine-fabrics. Now, I've done the quilting, and all that's missing, is the edge, but it won't finish itself. Could you believe it?

The last thing in my little heap of quilts and the like, is the quilt from the Bareroots-pattern "What Color is Spring?". I've done two of the pillows - one I gave away for Christmas - and I've been working on the quilt for about.. almost 3 months now. It's coming along really well. :) Pretty colours, nice little details.. I have no idea what to do when I'm done with it.. make another one? Don't think so.. I generally prefer to make just one of the things I do. Rarely I will make more then one, but then they're presents. This quilt is a keeper. ;)

I'll try to get a nice picture of it, and post here. Actually I have a picture of it, from before I did too much stitching. It's the one posted in the beginning of the post. Pretty, isn't it? I sure think so. :)

No comments: