Monday, March 20, 2023

More finished projects - spring and Easter

Some time before Christmas las year, my mom and I were discussing a holiday project for the Christmas days. One of our go-to types of projects are hexagons. They are very versatile, easy to prepare, very easy to bring along - and easy to adapt with regards to colours, fabric lines, backgrounds, et cetera. 

I had previously used 4 or 5 mini charm packs for one of my quilts - which ended up being ripped and redone numerous times, and I had saved all the squares from that thinking it was too bad to throw them out, and saved them for another project. The size of the squares fit perfectly the 3/8 inch hexagon papers - and the finished flowers fit perfectly on a bunch of 5 1/2 inch squeares I had cut from some leftovers a while ago. 

Well, 4-5 mini charm packs mean quite a lot of pieces of fabric - and I decided early on to try and use every single piece. In the end I managed to make 21 whole flowers (consisting of 7 hexagons) and had three hexagons left. These three went to the eternal fabric world (aka the trash). 


And here they are, freshly finished as two pillows. (The final stitches on the bindings were done last night.) 

These are pillow number 2 and 3 so far this year. Will 2023 be the year of the pillows

In the after school program (SFO, as we call it here) A has learned how to make chickens using parts of a toilet roll (the cardboard-thingy in the middle) and yarn. She spent some time last week making another one at home, and I have to say that it turned out to be an adorable little thing. 



This weekend she taught hubby to make these too - and there are now two more chickens waiting for Easter to come. Which reminds me that I promised A we'd decorate for Easter next weekend. seeing as we'll be away for most of Easter week - again. 

No comments: