Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Almost embarrased to reveal - A new finished object

As the headline says, I'm a little bit embarrassed by the thought of how long this project has been on hold.. I actually had to do a little digging in my blog archive (thank sewing for that!) to fin the exact year, but I knew it was before my eldest was born (he's thirteen this year). 

*dig* *dig* *dig* *scroll* *scroll* *scroll*

Aha!

In May 2007 I posted that I was finished with the stitchery! I started working on the borders, but about halfway through it came to a halt. Don't ask me why... 


So, the pattern is from Angels in Disguise, and I think it's called "Wash day" - but I'll have to see if I can find the pattern to confirm this.. I tried to see if AiD is still around, but I cannot seem to find much news about them. A blogpost from 2010, and some random patterns here and there. 

I had begun sewing on a checkered border in yellow and red (dark burgundry, with some kind of flowers printed on), and there hadn't been much change since it was put away. (How peculiar..) 

Anyway, I'd had some sense when putting it away to keep the left over fabric I'd started to use on the borders with the stitchery - meaning that it was really not a big job left when it came back into the light.


And here we are - January 2023. 5 years and 8 months 15 years and 8 months later. It is done! Borders sewn on. Quilted. Bound. Labelled. Finished!

Another project crossed off on my list, and we're ready for a new (old) one. 


No comments: