Thursday, October 28, 2021

The October guild meeting

Last Monday it was time for another guild meeting - and now there's only one left before Christmas! 

I didn't bring a huge pile of finished projects this time, but I managed to bring along two that I had completed since the last meeting. One of these was a stitchery for Easter - a bunny with tthe words God påske (Happy Easter). I made the stitchery back in the summer of 2012, when we went to Denmark with my sister, her daughter and our mum. About time it was finished, you might say! (I'll take a photo and post it soon, as I didn't get a photo during the meeting.)

My other fiished project, was a Christmas/winter stitchery, which I actually bought during my first ever meeting in the guild (when they were visited by a quilt shop)! 


This first picture is taken by a guild member, and was posted on the FB-page for the guild. 


And here's a more close-up picture. 

The stitchery is a pattern from Kathy Schmitz called Snow Sampler and I stitched it on a white background with silver glitter - in a nice, dusty-blue colour DMC thread. The border and binding is a piece of blue fabric I found in my stash, and I suspect it might be a fabric from Jinny Beyer - which found it's way to me from my great-aunt. 

I quilted this in a grid pattern, and afterwards I thought why not add a little more sparkle? So in each cross on the bloe border I sewed on a small glass bead (clear, with silver center). It looks really good IRL, and is so, so hard to photograph - so you'll just have to take my word for it. 

I'm working on a couple of other projects too - sewing that is - but these past few weeks have brought very little crafting time, so there's only been a stitch added here and there, except from the weekly blocks made in the #focuscuttingsewalong on IG. 

Even my knitting has been slow these past weeks! Ever since I finished the Flax Sweater (which I'm wearing in the first picture) I seem to have been having difficulties in starting a new, big project. So I've been knitting cloths instead (which I usually knit when we're driving long distance). And now there are three almost four new cloths finished. Which is good, because there are a couple in use that are really ready for retirement (or the bin). 

I have yarn and pattern for two pretty large projects (one sweater and one shawl) ready - I just need to wind the yarn - so it's not like I'm missing supplies, I just need time to wind down and have some quiet time. 

No comments: