Tuesday, April 06, 2021

Finish what you started

I've continued working through my drawers of started projects, and stumbled upon three blocks from a project I made a few years ago (and an extra square of the background fabric). So, instead of making another large project using these blocks, I decided to pair them and make lavender pouches of them. and before I knew it, they were done! It only took four years.. 

Front


Back


And then I found four stitcheries just hiding underneath another project.. Well, we can't have any of that, right? Not in the year of finishing things.


A leftover block from my "dotted death"-projet (which still needs either binding - or a trip to the trashcan) paired with some red Moda fabric got a little bit of freemotion machine quilting practice. Perhaps a miniature tabletopper or a mugrug?


Another Christmas stitchery received the same treatment, this time matched up with some blue fabric. I see that I need to practice my fmmq, so I guess if (let's be realistic, when) I find any more blocks like this, I'll take the opertunity to get some more practice.


The last two recently unearthed were made into a couple of zipper bags. They're small, but larger than I first thought, not that it would be a problem. My plan was to make them into notions  bags for knitting - with stitchmarkers, needles, a small pair of scissors and a tape measurer. Perhaps as gifts to a couple of my knitting friends. 


1 comment:

Chookyblue...... said...

You are doing well.... More little finishes..