Thursday, November 12, 2020

Story of my day - Block 23 of 25

We're nearly there!

Last week's block was block 23, leaving only two more blocks to finish. Even with one block a week, this feels like it's gone by so swiftly! I mean, 25 weeks is a long time, it's almost 6 months. And still, it doens't feel like it's taken that long. 



You know what? When I'm looking at the picture of this block, I realize that I've forgotten the line of crosses on the bottom of the block. *facepalm* Seriously?

*sigh*


That's better. The crosses are stitched - and the block is done. 😁


***

November is a grey month here in Norway. The sky is cloudy, covered with rain-filled clouds. There have been several days with heavy fog (we could hardly see to the end of the street coming home from kindergarden the other day). All the bright coloured leaves have turned to brown and have fallen off the trees, covering the once green grass in a layer of moist, muddy brown with speckles of dark red-orange. 

I know we had sun the other day, but I can't for the life of me remember which day that was. It could've been last Sunday.. however, the colour scheme for this week seems to be grey to pitch black, with grey being the colour of the day, and the world turning pitch black in the evening and nights. The light drizzle of moisty, foggy rain is more or less constant. 

I miss summer; the need for less clothes to go out side, not fetching children with drenced, cold, muddy clothes, feeling the warmth of the sun.. but I'm also looking forward to December; when the glow of Christmas is shimmering everywhere, the neighbours put up their decorations outside, lights everywhere - and perhaps even snow, if we're lucky. 


No comments: