Tuesday, June 30, 2020

A surprice!

I received a parcel in the mail a while back. And boy, was I surpriced!

It was from the wonderful Naomi, who's behind the sewalong on Instagram called #fussycuttingsewalong

I was honored to meet her in Birmingham last year, at The Festival of Quilt. We'd originally planned to meet up again at this year's festival, but it was cancelled back in April..

Anyway!

She knew my birthday was in April, and she made this wonderful project bag and sent it to me, with the most gorgeous butterfly card and fabric with animal prints!



I've moved one of my newest projects into this bag - my very first pair of knitted socks in adult size. I'm not entirely happy with the way my knitting goes, but as these are my first pair ever (and I'm keepng them) I think they're pretty good for my first attempt. Will post about them at a later time - the first sock is getting close to finished, and then there's the second sock to be knitted.

1 comment:

Chookyblue...... said...

What a lovely gift..... I should have been in Birmingham by now too....